Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran Church
Our mission is to invite all people to know Jesus, grow through the power of the Holy Spirit,
and go forward to serve all God's children.
Welcome to Shepherd of the Lakes
Join Us on Sunday, September 11th for Go Day 2016!
A Shepherd of the Lakes Homecoming!
Worship, Service Projects & Food
Join us for
Service Projects include:
- 8:00am Traditional Worship Service
- 8:45 AM to 10:30 AM Service Projects & Food
- 10:30am Contemporary Worship Service
- T-Shirt Jump Rope for Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes
- Quilt Tying and Square Cutting with Stitch ‘N Tie
- Drop off & pack care packages for Military Dogs and their Handlers
- Wash Church Windows with the Scouts
Learn more about:
- ELCA World Hunger & PADS
If you would like to learn more about Go Day and all of the upcoming events at Shepherd of the Lakes, contact Amy Thomas at (847) 223-4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Summer Worship Schedule
8:00am - Traditional Service.
This familiar Sunday morning service includes gospel readings, traditional hymns and communion.
9:30am - Contemporary Service.
Similar in content to the traditional service but with a live band that encourages congregational singing of songs commonly heard on contemporary Christian radio.
Nursery and Sunday School for children from 3 years to 6th grade at both Sunday services.
5:00pm - Blended Service
Elements of both traditional and contemporary services.
We will be returning to our regular worship schedule on Sunday September 11th. (8:00am and 10:30am)
View the "Flocking to Shepherd" contact email flyer
Flocking to Shepherd is our email contact that is sent to all of our church members
If you do not currently receive this in your email and would like to be added to the list, please contact Amy Thomas, our church administrator
Amy can be reached at (847) 223-4111 or email her at email@example.com
August 26th, 2016 Edition
August 19th, 2016 Edition
August 12th, 2016 Edition
August 5th, 2016 Edition
July 29th, 2016 Edition
July 22nd, 2016 Edition
July 8th, 2016 Edition
July 1st, 2016 Edition
Health, Safety and Wellness Fair
Saturday, September 10th, 10:00am - 2:00pm
Free Event for everyone! All of the attractions will be held in and around the Shepherd of the Lakes Church property.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the community, this Health Safety and Wellness Fair is a free event and brings together leaders in these areas for a single informative day. Click this link to view and download a printable version of our partner list.
Health, Safety and Wellness Vendors
Among those who will be providing services, information and demonstrations will be:
- LifeSource - holds thousands of mobile blood drives each year throughout the community. These drives play a vital role in the delivery of healthcare in our region and are responsible for supporting tens of thousands of area lives each year.Will be accepting blood donations
- Rosalind Franklin University Health Systems Community Care Connection - The vehicle is now back on the road, staffed by a dedicated team of medical professionals offering Lake County residents a variety of health screenings including blood pressure checks, blood sugar testing, cholesterol testing, body mass index (BMI) and waist measurements, and foot examinations – all free of chargeSchool age athletes can receive a free sports physical.
- Illinos Heart Rescue - The Illinois Heart Rescue project is funded by a five-year grant from the Medtronic Foundation with the goal of substantially increasing survival rates from sudden cardiac arrest throughout the country.Will be providing CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) instruction.
- Lutheran Social Services - LSSI is a not-for-profit social services agency serving people of all faiths and all walks of life, including children, families and adults.Will be providing information and guidance on disaster planning.
- University of Illinois - Lake County Extension - brings the research from the University of Illinois to the community, providing workshops in local libraries, schools and more. We provide classes on a variety of topics including money management, nutrition and wellness, home gardening and youth development.
- NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) - is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- American Cancer Society -Dedicated to helping persons who face cancer. Supports research, patient services, early detection, treatment and education.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - The largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding research, finding cures and ensuring access to treatments for blood cancer patients.
- Jewel Osco Pharmacy - Safety and trust. Those are the feelings when you and your family are cared for by a Jewel-Osco pharmacist. Care happens in many ways at Jewel-Osco pharmacies.
- Grayslake Police Department - will provide car seat safety checks in our turn-around area.
- Grayslake Fire Department - will bring their popular “Smoke House” Public Safety Trailer
- Lake County Forest Preserve - Provides outdoor recreation and education opportunities, including regional trails, golf courses, open space and wildlife habitat.
- Thrivent Financial Investments - provides financial planning and wealth management solutions for Christians. Learn how we can help you make wise money choices
- Independent Living Centers - Serving Lake and McHenry Counties
- Wee Bits - A non-profit organization bringing awareness and guidance to those families with infants/toddlers who are "at-risk" and may fall outside the boundaries of existing child developmental programs
- Illinois Fire Safety Alliance - The Illinois Fire Safety Alliance is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to fire safety, burn prevention, and supporting burn survivors.
- Lake County United - an independent, non-partisan organization made up of churches, synagogues, mosques, civic and non-profit institutions from across Lake County. We have joined together across religious, geographic, racial, economic, and political lines fight for the common good on issues of shared concern.
- Spex of Grayslake - will be providing free vision screenings.
As more participants confirm, they will be listed here.