Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran Church
Our mission is to invite all people to know Jesus, grow through the power of the Holy Spirit,
and go forward to serve all God's children.
Welcome to Shepherd of the Lakes
New Summer Worship Schedule
8:00am - Traditional Service.
This familiar Sunday morning service includes gospel readings, traditional hymns and communion.
9:30am - Contemporary Service.
Similar in content to the traditional service but with a live band that encourages congregational singing of songs commonly heard on contemporary Christian radio.
Nursery and Sunday School for children from 3 years to 6th grade at both Sunday services.
5:00pm - Blended Service
Elements of both traditional and contemporary services.
Vacation Bible School has reached capacity!
Registration for 2016 Cave Quest VBS is now CLOSED!
Thanks to everyone who registered for VBS. We have reached capacity!!!
We are looking forward to a great week July 25th to July 29th, 9am-Noon
Health, Safety and Wellness Fair
Saturday, September 10th, 10:00am - 2:00pm
Free Event for everyone! All of the attractions will be held in and around the Shepherd of the Lakes Church property.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the community, this Health Safety and Wellness Fair is a free event and brings together leaders in these areas for a single informative day.
Among those who will be providing services, information and demonstrations will be:
- LifeSource - will be accepting blood donations.
- Rosalind Franklin University Health Systems Care Coach - will provide free blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol screenings. Also young athletes can receive a free sports physical.
- Lutheran Social Services - will be providing information and guidance on disaster planning.
- Grayslake Police Department - will provide car seat safety checks in our turn-around area.
- Grayslake Fire Department - will bring their popular “Smoke House” Public Safety Trailer
- NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness)
- Illinos Heart Rescue
- Lake County Forest Preserve
- Thrivent Financial Investments
- Independent Living Centers - Serving Lake and McHenry Counties
- Wee Bits
- Illinois Fire Safety Alliance
As more participants confirm, they will be listed here.
Click this link to view and download a printable version of out partner list.
Health, Safety and Wellness Vendors